Monday, July 26, 2021

Baby Bibs, Burb Cloths, Blankies & a Baby

If you have been keeping up with my life, I recently became a Nana for the first time.  :)  She's only a few weeks old and I am loving spending time with my new grand daughter.  

I made my daughter some bibs using flannels and pretty soft colors.  I made up the pattern myself and used Velcro for the attachment.  

One day when I was over a Joann's Fabrics, I found this pretty flowered fabric in different fabrics.  Some of it is flannel and some is cotton.  I also found it in a Minky type fabric, too and knew that I wanted to make something for the new baby with it.  My daughter loves soft colored flowers and I knew that this would make something nice.  

I also made about 10 burp cloths from the flannel to match the bibs.  Then I found more of the gauze fabric and made a couple more receiving blankets with that.  The gauze fabric is nice because it's not too heavy and is just right for wrapping the baby in the summer months.

Using the flannel fabric, I stitched up some flannel receiving blankets, too.  I used a piece of flannel for the back and one for the front, so they are reversible.  I love the soft colors of these items and how well they all coordinate together.  

There's plenty of fabric left over (!) and I hope to make some more items in the upcoming months.  :)

Here she is wrapped in one of the gauze blankies that I made for her.  Maybe someday she will learn to sew with her Nana.  But for today, this is all I need.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment