Saturday, March 4, 2023

Charm Square Tote Bag

 Another project that I worked on at my Quilt Retreat was this Charm Square Tote Bag.  I started it about 5 years ago at one of the retreats.  It's a pretty large bag and I wanted to use it for bringing my projects to the retreat in.  

I had seen one made by one of the ladies and wanted one for myself.  But over the years, I lost the pieces to complete it and it sat in the Unfinished Pile.  

The original pattern that I had looked at online had buttons at each of the intersecting squares.  I still want to add buttons to my tote, I just need to find them. (Ha, ha)  I also want to add a stiff bottom to the bag.  Maybe I'll get some plastic canvas or some foam board to put in it.  I may even put ties on the side so that you can gather in the edges.  Here is the original post if you want to take a look at it.  (My tote is larger.)

This will give you an idea of how large the bag is.  When I showed it all of the ladies at the retreat, they all wanted to make one, too!  Actually, they wanted my tote, but I showed them where to find the pattern.  


No comments:

Post a Comment