Saturday, March 4, 2023

Winter Quilting Retreat & My Carpenter Star Wall Hanging

During February, I attended a 4-day quilting retreat at a local conference center.  I brought along a lot of projects to work on and finish up (story of my life!).  

It was a wonderful weekend at a beautiful place with 16 other women who were working on their sewing and quilting projects, too.  

The first project that I finished was a Carpenter Star wall hanging that I started a few years ago during covid.  The pattern is from Missouri Star and was a lot of fun to make.  I used Corey Yoder fabrics from a couple of charm square packs - Strawberry Jam and Canning Day.  

Here is a close up photo of it.  I love how the different colors all work together.  I would definitely make another one of these.  By altering the size of the half-square trianges, you can work this pattern in any size.


I still have more fabrics left over from this project.  Who knows what I will make with it.  

I hung the wall hanging in my family room.  But I may find another place for it.  It's the perfect size to fill in a wall space.  :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment