Saturday, March 4, 2023

Quilts in Progress

While on the Quilt Retreat, I brought a couple of quilts that needed some work on them.  This first quilt is made from a Jelly Roll that had pretty reds and pinks in it.  I made a row of pinwheels to break up the stripes, but I wanted to add more pieces for some visual interest.  So I'm adding in some different sized pinwheels to give it more pizazz.  

I did finish the quilt top at the retreat and now need to quilt it.  I hope to finish it before next Christmas so that I can have it as a red throw.  

The next quilt that I brought to work on is another Chandelier Quilt from Missouri Star.  I finished up a red one to give to one of my friends at Christmas and now I'm onto a more spring-like look.  This quilt has several greens, yellows and sunflowers in it.  I hope to finish it in the next few months to give to someone special.  :)

Part of the fun in going on the retreats is to spend time with other ladies that love quilting.  We have show and tell, and share the ideas for our current and next projects with each other.  Now there's even more projects that I want to make!

We spend some time outdoors going on walks to get some fresh air and enjoy some wonderful meals together.  I can't wait for the next retreat!  When is it, again?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment