Monday, March 13, 2023

Queen Bee is the Bee's Knees

When I first saw the set, Queen Bee in the mini catalog, I knew that I had to have it!  I love the detail in this bee stamp.  :)  For the first card, I made a fancy fold and used the papers from the Delicate Desert designer papers.  

I stamped the bee and also cut out an extra set of wings to match her.  I used the flower dies from the set and cut them out in silver paper.  The sprig is also from the set and I love how it all comes together.

I also used the print stamp to make the card look like a "collage" card.  She is so much prettier in real life, but who wouldn't want a card that lets them know they are the "Queen Bee" of their own life?

I got the idea for my three cards from Gail Ellis on Pinterest.

The next card appears to be a bit more collage-looking.  I told the ladies who come over to stamp that you can keep adding more things or keep the card simple.  That's the fun about the collage cards.  All of the pieces and embellishments can be interchangeable, too.  

I paired the Bee with Nature Prints stamp set and dies for my cards.  On this card, I used the wreath from the Natural Prints dies.  

For my cards I used a mixture of different greens to give them a nice green/gray look to them.  

For the third card, I embossed the bee in silver.  But after I made the card, I tried using the gray emboss powders and I liked the look of that better.  I used Nature's Prints for the center section of the card.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but for the background I used a subtle embossing folder to give the card more texture.

I think the Bee can be very versatile, depending on how you use her.  Change up the color palette (rust and corals) and you will have a totally different look to your cards.  

For the final project, we made desk calendars.  I know it's already March (!) but everyone was excited to finally get a calendar.  :)

Here's a pic of some of the ladies working on their Bee cards.  


What sort of things have you done with the Queen Bee?  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment