Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter Cards & Magnets

When I first got the Mini Catalog, I wanted to get the Easter set with an image of Jesus in it.  I have a lot of rubber stamps, but I've never had one of Jesus.  

For my cards this week, I paired the Fancy Flora designer papers with Rejoice in Him.  This card is my version of the one in the catalog.  I added the sprig and some cut out flowers from the Queen Bee dies to my card.  The saying is embossed and Jesus is painted using the ink from the stamp pads.  I love the peaceful look of this card.  :)

After I started playing around with the Fancy Flora papers and the image of Jesus, I decided to make some Easter magnets for the ladies in my Bible study.  I have to say that you can't just make one of these!

I tried using different sheets of the designer papers and just loved the looks that they made.  So I made more!

I ended making a whole basket full of them!  I used metallic scraps that were sitting around and some of the cards are embellished in gold and some in silver.  I put the little cards into magnet holders that I had purchased from Christmas Tree Shops.  I love how they turned out.  :)

For my next card, I selected a paper that was a bit brighter.  I paired it with blue cardstock (this is Brilliant Blue, ha ha, a much older color that matched it!).  I also used a piece of gingham paper from the Country Lane pack.  The same sprig is used, cut from a piece of designer paper to complete this look.  You could really put any saying on this card.  It would not have to be for Easter.


Lastly, I made a pocket card using the purple papers from Fancy Flora.  I got the idea for this pocket card from Stamp It Up With Jaimie.  I love the font and sayings in the Rejoice in Him set.  



No comments:

Post a Comment