Monday, April 10, 2023

Coral Table Runner

 A few years ago I got an assortment of coral colored fabrics in the Sew Sampler monthly subscription box for people that love to sew.  I had subscribed to the box, which I absolutely loved, but hardly ever made the projects or used the items.

So finally, I took it out and made a dresser runner for my bedroom.  Last year I switched colors from teal to coral to add some pizazz to my room.  

I started out by cutting the 5" strips into 2 1/2" pieces.  Then I sewed them all together until the piece was about 64" long.  I wanted it to hang off of the side of one of the dressers in my room.  

Then I added a light gray border along with another coral border to make it wider.  The next border is made using 5" x 3 1/2" strips cut from some random collage-type fabrics that I had.  

I wanted to do a sort of zig zag quilting on it and used a setting on my machine for it.  I didn't measure where to put the zig zags.  I pretty much just eye-balled it.

I love the zig zag and how it all turned out.  It took about 2 hours to do the machine quilting to finish up this somewhat easy table runner.








To quilt it, I rolled up each end and clipped them using clothespins to keep the ends from unrolling.  This seemed to work very well.

Finally, for the border, I added a soft gray color to it.  Here is a pic of it in my room on the dresser.  

This was a fun and easy runner.  And weirdly, it could be hung on the wall if you had an empty vertical space that needed something.

Next up, I want to make a wall hanging with birds on it using the same colors.  We'll see how it goes!

What do you think of this simple runner?  Do you have a space that needs "filling?"





No comments:

Post a Comment