Monday, April 10, 2023

Sewing Retreat at My Home

Four years ago, before Covid, I decided that I wanted to do a Sewing Retreat in my home every year, like an annual event.  March is a good time to have one, it's not too cold, and yet not nice enough for people to be out in their own yards.  

This is the second "annual" Sewing Retreat, with three years in between the first and the second.  

I invited some of the ladies who come to my sewing class and some of my friends that love to sew and quilt.  For two days, from 10-4:00 pm, we chatted, laughed, exchanged ideas, sewed and ate together!

Here's a pic of me finishing up the table runner for my niece.  I was able to work on a couple of UFO's and get them done.



Each of the ladies sewed a current project or finished up an older one.  I loved seeing how different the projects are that everyone was working on.

Everything from baby quilts to block of the month quilts and more!  One of my friends even brought over her old Singer featherweight that comes in its own box to sew with.


Each person brings their own lunch and then we take a break to all eat together.  

It was a great weekend.  One of the ladies asked if I could do it once a month.  If only they knew, it's pretty much what I do here all the time.  LOL



I look forward to our sewing retreat next year!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment