Monday, April 10, 2023

Nested Friends Trio of Cards

This week's stamping class featured a stamp set called Nested Friends.  (There's only one bird image in it, so I'm not sure why it's called nested "friends.")  I paired it with Honeybee Home and made three cards.

The idea to make this first card is from Gail Ellis on Pinterest.  I like a lot of her designs and use of color.  The background is Cinnamon Cider and the white frame is made using the Stitched Rectangle dies.  I embossed a piece of vellum with the Timeless Texture folder and adhered it to the back of the frame.  Then I put it on my card using dimensionals to give it some lift and interest.  

The flower is from Honeybee Home, as well as the the sprigs.  One of the flower cut outs is acting like a little branch for the bird to sit on.  The flower cut out is from Hand Penned dies and the tan flower is from Regency Park, using the punch for the trio of flowers.

Hello There sentiment is from Nature's Prints.  I love the soft, look of this card.  

For the second card, I used Blushing Bride cardstock, with a layer of embossed white and some papers from Abigail Rose papers.  I added the nest and the bird from Nested Friends along with some cut out eggs that I speckled.  The oval frame is from Framed Florets.  The saying is from Honeybee Home and the flower is from Regency Park.  I got the idea for this card from Kim McGillis.

The third card uses more designer papers from Abigail Rose and the cut outs from Nested Friends.  The pink sprig is from Honeybee Home and the flower from Regency Park.  This idea is from Julie Gilson.

I have to say that I love all of the new products from Stampin Up.  They make paper crafting such a pleasure.  You can mix and match the stamp sets and the dies for truly amazing cards and projects.  I am so glad to be a part of the Stampin Up family.  

This summer will be 20 years for me.  Crazy, I know.  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment