Monday, April 24, 2023

Full of Love Cards

Full of Love is a sweet stamp set that sadly is retiring.  It includes stamps that look like envelopes and letters with flowers just bursting out of the them.  It makes a nice get well, sympathy or thinking of you card.

Card #1 features the pretty papers from Awash with Beauty.  For the first card, I chose the pink side of the paper for the front of my card.  I added a white top to look like the top of an envelope using the Basic Borders die cut.  I colored in the image with Blends and added it to my card with dimensionals.

This card is the same card, only I turned over the designer paper to show the pretty flowers on the other side.  The sayings are from Welcoming Window stamp set.  I got the idea for this card from Julie Gilson.

My second card is made using a template from the Split Textures die cuts.  I laid the template down onto my cardstock and sponged some pink ink through the openings.  Then I reversed the cardstock and did the opposite side. (The die is diagonal and would only cover half of the card.)

I added the envelope image, stamping it twice and cutting out the small envelope and raising it on the image to give the card some dimension.  I added the black checked ribbon and did some white embossing onto a black cut out.  The saying is from Eclectic Garden set.  

This car is pretty much the same, only I added some yellow colors to the flowers and a different saying.  I got the idea from Tammy Wilson.

For my third card today, I used some papers from Awash in Beauty for the background.  I added a green circle and a vellum shape for a focal point.  For these flowers, I painted them using a paint brush and the ink from the stamp pads.  The flowers have Wink of Stella on them to give them some shine, but you can't really tell from the photo.  

My second version of this card has a Happy Mother's Day saying on it.  I may send this card to my daughter, who is a great mother to my sweet g-baby.  This idea came from Melodie Viljoen on Pinterest.  

After my class, I made a bunch more of these cards to have on hand.  Which card is your favorite?  








 

No comments:

Post a Comment