Saturday, March 4, 2023

Framed Florets Cards

For my last stamping class, we took out the stamp set called Framed Florets.  I've had it for a while, but finally got a chance to use it.  Honestly, it's so versatile that it's definitely something that just have to have if you like to make cards.

We started with this pretty side-fold card that uses the heart frame in the die set.  I saw the idea for this card from Jenny Hayward on Pinterest.  I used the papers that originally came with the suite for this birthday card.  We first cut out the hearts on a narrow piece of paper and then added the designer paper to finish the front of the card.  

Then we added ribbon, some cut-outs from the paper and a sprig that is also part of the set.  I used an oval stitched frame for the saying.  I love the font for each of the sayings, too.  This card can be made over and over again, each time using a different paper and different saying.  The only thing that is stamped is the saying.

For the second card, I started with black cardstock and added a Petal Pink layer and then some black checked paper.  I added a scalloped edge to the side of the layers to make it look more feminine.  Then cut out the pretty frame (I call it the Sleeping Beauty mirror frame) and added it to the card.  The flowers are all cut from the designer papers.  

I added a couple of sprigs and cut-out leaves, a bow and some rhinestones.  I used Wink of Stella to highlight the flowers and make them shine.  I saw the idea online from Mo Roots, another demonstrator.  

For the final card, I chose to go white-on-white.  I don't usually go for the all-white look, but this time I thought it lent to the beauty of the card.  I embossed a white background using the Timeworn Type emboss folder.  Then I added the "Sleeping Beauty" die with dimensionals.  I cut out another oval and taped them all together on the back so that the card wouldn't fall apart or lose its shape.  

The sprigs and leaves are cut out in gold and the flowers are dies from the Cherry Blossoms die set.  I added gold embellishments to the flowers.  The sayings are heat embossed using gold powders.  JoAnn Hewins made the original card.  

These cards all came out so different from each other, and yet so beautiful.  I plan on using the gold card to give to my niece, who is getting married soon.

Have you used this stamp set and dies?  What did you think of it?  I can't wait to make more cards with it.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment