Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Celebrating Ten Years!


This month I am celebrating ten years with Stampin' Up!  It has been a great creative outlet for me and I've met so many new people that have become my friends.  Thank you all for sticking with me for ten years!  It's been so much fun.

This adorable watermelon card was copied from Debbie Henderson.  I thought it was an iconic card to make for summer.  I used the new Strawberry Slush color to make the card's colors just pop.  The card is made from the circles embosslets, using different sizes to shape the watermelon slice.  I made the seeds from a leaf die and cut off the leaves to look like the seeds!  The "bite" is a little scallop punch.  I found out (the hard way!) that you have to punch each bite out separately and then assemble the card as you go.  A word to the wise if you want to make this card.


I'll have to admit, I'm not much for buying the In Colors from Stampin Up.  By the time I get around to using them, they are already discontinued.  But now they are staying around for two years.  So I'm more apt to use them now!

I just happen to really love the new In Colors for this year.  I love how they work together and the pretty new shades.  This card features the new colors and a new flower punch.  The paper is from the Gingham Garden collection.  I saw a card made by Amy O'Neill and used her idea and changed the colors for this card.  It's one of my favorites.

A note for this Flower Shop stamp set: Once you've assembled the stamps, stamp each image on a piece of paper.  Line it up with the punch and then mark the lower corner with a Sharpie marker (either on the outside of the wooden stamps or on the top side of the clear stamps) so that each time you will know where to put the lower corner of the stamped image in order to line up it up with the punch.  The petals are not symmetrical and it can easily get frustrating to line up the punch with the flower if you don't do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment