Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Come Emboss With Me

This month I offered a card class where we used different types of embossing on our cards.  On this card, we used black embossing with the Summer Silhouettes stamp set.  It's hard to see on the card, but the black images are raised and glossy.  So pretty!

 I used the painter's tape technique designed by my friend, Deb Valder for the background.  Rub a piece of painters tape along your stamp pad being careful not to catch in the edge of the tape and just press it onto your card!  I saw the same card on Vicki Burdick's blog and she had used these pretty summer colors (including Baked Brown Sugar and Strawberry Slush from the In Colors).  I like this card so much that I would like to try it in different color schemes.  It was fun and easy to make.  Try the painters tape technique today (just be careful that you don't ink on your hands!)


On this card, we embossed the background in a soft gray powder using a Versa Mark pad to stamp the image.  We also embossed the saying with black powder to make it stand out.  The stamp set is Creative Elements.  I got the idea from Jennifer Timko.


For this card, we stamped on vellum and embossed the card with white powders.  Then on the back, we sponged the color and used the Secret Garden framelits to cut out the images.  The idea for this card is from Lee Ann Greff. 

After each stamping class, I always ask the ladies which card or project that they liked the best.  Which one do you vote for?



1 comment:

  1. I like the Happy Birthday Wishes card the best. I just moved to the Albany area and looked on the SU website for an active demonstrator. Can you tell me about your card club?

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete