Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Some Summer Fun


I just hate to see summer come to an end.  Here in upstate New York, we really only get about 2 months of warm weather.  No sooner does summer start and it's already over!

This week I wanted to make some cards and projects that honored the warm days of summer.  This card is made with an older stamp set called Crab and Company.  I just love going to the ocean.  This little crab and his sidekicks are so cute!  I copied the idea for this card from Christy Charles.  I had so much fun just making it!


I tried to think of other things that remind me of summer.  We all scream for Ice Cream!  Actually I am more fond of the new frozen yogurt places, but I did have ice cream a couple of times this summer.  I made this card using the pennant die and a cupcake sizzlet die.  I used the hounds tooth embossing folder to make the triangle look like a cone!


Watermelons, of course!  (Do you see the food trend here?)  I have already posted this card, but I thought that it really fit into the summer theme.  The card idea was copied from Debbie Henderson.


This bright cheery card made me think of the sunshine!  I copied the idea from a demonstrator on Stampin Up, Vicki Hayes.


And, last, but not least I made some wine glass charms!  They're made with an old summer set that has a lot of fun stamps in it.  I stamped onto shrink plastic with Staz On ink and colored in the images with colored pencils.  Then I punched out a hole in the plastic and shrunk them with a heat tool.  I used a clear block to flatten them after they had shrunk. 

I added a jump ring to the charm and put them on a set of wire earring along with some seed beads.  They came out SO cute.  I am definitely going to make some more of these charms!

What stamp set do you have that would make cute wine glass charms? 


No comments:

Post a Comment