Saturday, March 16, 2019

Finishing Quilt #1 for 2019: The Bow Wow Quilt

Remember in a previous post that I said that I was going to actually finish projects this year?  Well, I'm off to a good start!  Here is my first quilt!

I call this quilt the "Bow Wow" quilt because it has fabric in it with cute doggie images.  I started it about 4 years ago for my sister and it's been in the unfinished pile for a while.  In January I took it back out and put the squares on my design wall.  I had made some pinwheel blocks to brighten it up a bit, so I added them in rows and sewed it all together.  It's very colorful and the pinwheel blocks give it some movement.  I'm happy with how it turned out.

Here it in on my Handi Quilter getting it's machine quilting.  I am having fun learning new patterns to quilt into my quilts.  This one is very freestyle with flowers in the pinwheel blocks. 

I brought the quilt into my family room to get it ready to sew on the binding and look who found it!  I swear I was only gone for a minute.  At least Ginger gives her approval.  :)

I'm sure my sister will be glad to finally get her quilt.  And she said the cat fur won't bother her in the least.  She has three dogs.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment