Sunday, March 17, 2019

Quilt #3: The Outdoor Quilt



I call this quilt the "Outdoor Quilt."  My niece, wanted an outdoor themed quilt for her high school graduation.  I wasn't exactly sure what that meant, but I found some fabrics called Alpine that had foxes, birch bark, pebbles, topographical maps and other outdoor images on them. 

So I picked up the jelly roll and started to make this quilt.  That was 4 years ago.

I took the quilt back out in January on my quilt retreat and sewed the borders onto it.  Here is it getting pinned to the backing.  Once I got it home, I quilted it on my longarm and it looks so good with the quilting on it. 

Last weekend I held my first Quilt Retreat weekend here at my house.  Five of my quilty friends came over and we sewed all day on Friday and Saturday.  Here I am sewing the binding onto the quilt.  I can't even say how good it feels to finish these projects.

I told my niece today that her quilt was ready.  She told me that she's graduating from college in a couple of months.  I told her the quilt was for her graduation- I just didn't say which one!  LOL  She hasn't seen any of it yet, so I hope she likes what I interpreted as an Outdoor quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment