Saturday, March 16, 2019

Quilt #2: The Nesting Quilt

First off, I have to say that I just love this quilt!  I love the simplicity of it, the colors, the fabrics, the size, etc.  The fabric line is from Moda and it's called, "Nest."  It has images of little birds in their nests with pretty coordinating fabrics in teal, gray and coral colors.  And it's just the right size to have as a throw when you want to snuggle up on the couch watching a move or relaxing.

I started this quilt about 6 months ago when I got the "Nest" fabric jelly roll from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I have always wanted to make a jelly roll quilt and I was surprised at how easy it was to make.  While I was sewing together the strips from the jelly roll, I added some charm squares in one of the rows to give it some visual interest.  

I added a pieced strip border on the sides to make it just a little bit wider than the 45" width of the fabric strips.  It was fun, easy and I just love it.  I plan on keeping it for myself, although a lot of my friends have told me that they would just love it, too!

The fabrics in this quilt match the heart wall-hanging that I made for my daughter for Christmas.  I still have some fabric left over, so you might see something else made with these beautiful fabrics in the future.

This is the heart mini quilt that is made from the same fabrics.  

Finally, a quilt just for me!  :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment