Sunday, May 29, 2022

I'm Having Fun with the Decorative Houses



A few weeks ago I ordered some little wooden houses from a seller on Etsy.  They're about 5" tall and 3 1/2" wide.  I painted them with chalk paint and then stared about them for a couple of weeks trying to think what to do with them.  LOL


Then one day I added some designer papers and kept adding embellishments to them.  There's buttons, ribbon, lace, cut out hearts, butterflies, a saying, some rhinestones and a bow.  

I sanded them down on the sides and love how they turned out!  I had some stamps with Bible verses and on them and I thought this would make a nice encouraging saying to put in someone's home.   :)

If you look closely, you can see that I stamped some images onto the designer papers to give it more of a collage look. 

They're made in sets of two, but they can be used as a stand-alone also.  I sprayed them with some sealer to make them last longer.

They're going in my Vintage Market to give the crafts some variety.  


I found this cute little tag stamp in the "archive" room when I went looking for some small stamps that I could use for this project.  I just love the look that it gives to the little house.  

It was fun going through some of my buttons to pick out the various colors for the roof tops.  

This craft has some painting on wood, stamping, buttons and lace from the sewing room.  I had fun putting it all together.  Once I made the first set, I didn't want to stop.






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment