Friday, May 6, 2022

Honeybee Home

I'm so glad that the stamp set called Honeybee Home has made it into the new catalog for the next year!  I found some pretty samples using this set on Pinterest and this week I put together some cards with my own spin on them.  

The idea for the first card is from Krisi Gray.  I used some blue paper from the Sunshine and Rainbow pack that was available from the last Sale-a-Bration.  I added the pretty hollyhocks and smaller flower (I'm not sure what kind of flowers they are!) and colored them in with Stampin blends.  I love the Hive 3D embossing folder that coordinates with this set.  If you look closely, there are some navy blue and white cut outs from the die set. 

Add the honeybee, some Wink of Stella and a few embellishments and you have a bee-utiful card!  

For my next card I used the Hive 3D folder as a stamp to make the honeycomb look on the background paper.  I just love the subtle honeycomb look.  I stamped two hollyhocks and added some white and vellum sprigs for the background for an easy and elegant card!  I got the idea from Vicki Boucher.

The last card in this series uses some watercolor painting.  I cut out the sprigs from the thick white cardstock and then painted on the color using the ink refills and a spritz bottle.  The flowers are stamped and cut out and then I watercolored them using the same technique.  

For the background on this card, I used the blending brushes and sponged on some Mint Macaroon ink to the center of the card base.  I added some flowers in Smoky Slate and a couple of older stamps to give it a "collage" look.

I added a strip of the new Vellum Layering designs and one from the Sunshine and Rainbows designer pack.  There is a little bit of scrunge dots on the front in green and grays to tie it all together. 

The ladies in my class loved making this card.  I'm not that much into "collage" cards, but we all thought that it looked great and all of the pieces came together.  

This card idea is from Janneke Dijkstra.  

I had fun with this set and hope to make some more pretty things with it.  Which card in the series do you like the best?  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment