Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Mason Jar Fabric Purse


Last month I found some really cute Mason Jar fabric in a quilt shop near me.  Of course I had to buy some of it! This week I made some little purses using the Mason Jar fabric.  I had seen one of these small hand purses while I was out at the beginning of the month on a Shop Hop of quilt stores in my area. 

I thought it would make a nice gift to give to my friend Cindy for teaching me how to use chalk paint.  I mean, what better gift than something made with Mason Jar fabric?

The bags are about 6" x 8," not too big.  They are lined on the inside and on the back side is a pocket.  The bags are big enough to hold a cell phone and a wallet if you are just out running errands or going somewhere that don't need to bring a lot of items with you. 

I saw the tied handle idea while I was at one of the Shop Hop stores and I thought it was cute.  I just made the handle a bit longer than I usually do and then tied it in a knot.  I added some lace and rick rack to decorate the bags and a ribbon and small charm that says "Made for you" to the zipper pull.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment