Monday, July 22, 2019

Teepee Baby Quilt


This past weekend was pretty hot here for upstate New York.  We aren't used to weather above 100 degrees and frankly, I don't really care for it when it's too hot.

So I decided to stay home in the air conditioning and work on a baby boy quilt set.  I had picked up some really cute fabric last year on my Shop Hop and took it out to make a baby quilt.  One of my daughter's friends is having a baby boy in a couple of months and I thought it would be fun to work with this cute fabric.

I cut the fabric strips into different widths and sewed them together for the quilt front.  Originally I had some orange strips in this, but didn't really like how it looked.  So I took them out and replaced them with the dotted teal.

I like how the colors are more cohesive now.  I layered it with some backing and batting and quilted straight lines in the rows.  I really like how it turned out.

I was running out of fabric for the backing, so I sewed what was left of the brown fabric to the top and bottom of the quilt.  It kind of frames it in and I like how it looks.

Then I worked on some matching bibs and put terry cloth on the back.  I love this bib pattern and like how these can be used for a long time.

I then finished off the gift set with some matching washcloths.  The more I worked with this cute fabric, the more I liked it.  I hope the recipient likes her baby set.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment