Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Set Sail in the Direction of Your Dreams

This past week I made this wooden decor piece for a friend who graduated from high school.  It's about 6" x 8" and I used a wooden block that I picked up from Joann's left over from the holidays.  I painted the block and then added the designer paper from the Come Sail Away designer paper set for the background.

I used the Stitched Nested Labels to frame in the saying.  Then I added a compass cut-out from the designer paper, a stamped lighthouse, some ribbon, a cut out silver wheel, an anchor, a stamped world image from an old sailboat set and some more embellishments.  I added some designer paper on all 4 sides of the block to give it a finished look.

I love how it turned out.  You can make decor out of any stamp set or paper!  What will you make from this set?

No comments:

Post a Comment