Friday, July 26, 2019

Summertime Stamping

Ah, it's the lazy days of summer are here in upstate NY.  One of my fondest memories of summer as a girl is when I used to sit out in my backyard relaxing under the big maple tree and reading a book.  Those were the carefree days...

This week I made some cards with a summer theme. 

I used an old favorite stamp set, Sheltering Tree for my card.  It kind of reminds me of the tree in my backyard when I was a girl. 

I added the new gingham in-color paper paired with the Butterfly Gala punch and new Rose Rococco cardstock to give it an updated look.  It's hard to see in the photo, but the green tree just looks very summery to me.  :)

Next up is the Daisy Delight stamp with its coordinating punch.  Daisies happen to be my favorite flower.  Although I've never actually seen a daisy in Rose Rococco, I like the soft look of these on my card.  I used the new Birch background stamp for the base of my card.  Seriously, I want this on every one of my cards! 

The cut out words and the little bird are framelits from the Well Written dies.  Cute, right?

How are you spending the lazy days of your summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment