Thursday, July 4, 2019

Wool Hearts From Sweater Scraps

Some of you know that I like to make mittens from used wool sweaters.  Once I cut them out, I'm left with a lot of sweater scraps. I've made stockings for the tree out of them in the past and this year I cut out hearts from the sweater remains using a couple of old Sizzix heart-shaped dies.

Then I sewed the hearts and placed them out as part of my home decor!  They are sitting in a wire leaf basket on my dining table.  Everyone who comes over wants them but so far there are none for sale.  :)

Here is a photo of the stockings that I made last year from the wool sweater remnants.

I hand-embroidered a star on the front of each one for embellishment and added felt for the heels and a matching button at the top.  They are cut out using the stocking Sizzix die.


One year I even made catnip mice out of them for the resident kitties.  Check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment