Saturday, March 7, 2020

Quilt #2: The Soft and Pretty Quilt

So this year I decided that I would like to make each of my friends a quilt!  I know, it's hard to believe, because in the past I have not been known to finish a lot of the quilts that I have started. 

But I thought, if I keep them somewhat simple, perhaps I can get one quilt done every two months.  So my goal is to finish 6 quilts this year and 6 next year for each of my friends. :)

This quilt, called the Soft and Pretty Quilt features some soft and delicate fabrics that I though went together very well.  Most of them have been sitting on the shelf in my sewing room for about 20 years (!) and I figured that it was time to use them.  :)

This quilt is for a friend of mine who has been going through chemo treatments.  Although I should have given it to her last year, I actually finished it and gave it to her in February.  She is a pretty woman with a very gentle spirit about her.  That's why I picked out these colors for her.  She loved it.  :)

It's made from 5" squares with 2" sashing in between the rows.  I used a set-in square for each block to keep it all lined up even though you can't really see the set-in squares.  It came out so pretty.  And to think, I've finished up two quilts already this year.  :)

What do you think?  Is it better to make simple quilts/projects that you can finish or more complicated ones that take a long time and often don't get completed?

No comments:

Post a Comment