Saturday, March 14, 2020

Trip to the Tropics

When I am putting together my card classes, I love to give them a creative title.  Today's cards all feature a tropical theme so it's like taking a Trip to the Tropics.

I love the pineapple cut-out in this suite of products.  And I love the designer papers that coordinate.  I have to say, this year's mini catalog is the best that I have ever seen and I've been working with Stampin Up since 2003.  

I got the idea to cut the pinapple from the designer paper from Su Mohr.  Then I placed it onto the paper that has the orange lilies.  For the first time, all of my crafting ladies voted that this card was their favorite.  I could craft these all day!  

For the next card, I stamped the palm trees and cut them out with the dies.  They cut out so nicely!  I added the saying and pineapple to complete the tropical look.  When I was all done with the card, I thought that it needed a little something else along the bottom, so I added the Aloha cut out that comes with the suite.  The idea for this card came from Heather Heraldt.

I love the simplicity of this card.  What a great template - just put a strip of designer paper (any kind will work) and added a saying and embellishment!  I wish that I had bought more of this tropical paper - it looks so good.  I added a couple of pineapples and a saying using the So Sentimental words and the Stitched So Sweetly die cuts.  

Here is another card with a different saying and instead of using pineapples, I added some of the flower cut outs that come with the pineapple set.

Lastly, I wanted to show that you can use this tropical set in other color palettes.  Look how beautiful these hibiscus flowers look in pink tones.  I copied this card from bluerosepapertreasures.  

Here is another version of this card.

Which tropical card do you like the best?  

No comments:

Post a Comment