Saturday, March 14, 2020

Tea & Cake Cards

Here is upstate NY we have had a pretty mild winter so far.  And even though we've had some nice days, I call it the "fake Spring."  During March and sometimes into April we can still get snowstorms.

But that doesn't mean that we can't craft and bring Spring into our homes.  For this week's class, I made some cards in "springy" colors.  I called this class, Tea & Cake.

We started out with this sweet Tea Cup card featuring the Tea Together set and cut outs.  I got the idea from Chris Smith on Pinterest and revamped it by added Coastal Cabana cardstock and the back of the one the snowman papers left over from Christmas.  I love it with the purple accents and the cut out saying. 

Next up we worked on a Cake card using the Happy Birthday To You stamp set from Sale-a-Bration.  I love it teamed up with the purple gingham, don't you?  We cut out the flowers so the card has some dimension to it.  Sweet!  I got this idea from Teri Pocock.

Don't you just love these colors together?


To go along with the Tea theme, we made this card that also includes the teapot from the set.  I paired it with the Garden Lane designer papers.  It looks so soft with these colors.

And here's the surprise with this card - if you score and fold it just the right way, the teapot and cup stand up for displaying!  I love how this card is interactive.  :)

If you like this special fold, you can find the link here.  The idea for the card came from Diane Barnes. 

And finally, to round out the spring feel, we made a simple card with a butterfly.  I used Sea Foam green cardstock, but you could use any color for this card.  The butterfly was cut from last year's Botanical Butterfly designer paper and the grassy stamp is from Home to Roost. 

Even though you can't see in the photos, I have added Wink of Stella to make the flowers and butterfly shine and stand out.  I already feel more in the mood for spring.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment