Saturday, March 7, 2020

Blue Batik Quilt #3 Just for Me


I love to start quilts!  Finishing them, well... not so much.  There are a lot of unfinished quilts/projects hanging around in my sewing room. 

But I'm on a roll!  This weekend I finished up this beautiful Blue Batik quilt that I started a couple of years ago.  I had seen this quilt in a Missouri Star video and wanted to make one like it just for me.  Check out the video here if you'd like the pattern.  She calls it Super Simple Squares Quilt.  It's actually the same pattern that I used for the Soft and Pretty quilt in the last post, only in this quilt, you can see the square in the corner around each block.

I chose a soft blue batik collection called Yumi that I found from a quilt shop online.  And get this, I've never used batiks before.  I don't really like them, but I thought that they did really look good in this quilt.  :)

I made this quilt for me to to in my family room.  It has deep blue accents in it and I thought it would look nice as a throw in there.  I even like the back of the quilt which is a lovely blue batik.

Honestly, I'm really proud of myself for finishing this quilt.  I just really love it.  And guess who else really loves it?  Ginger thought it looked great in the family room.  She has christened it and it's already full of kitty cat fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment