Sunday, May 16, 2021

Dresdan Baby Quilt #3

For the next quilt, yes #3 (I wanted to make some items that all matched), I wanted to make a quilt with one block.  This quilt is smaller than the second one and I chose the Dresdan block.  I went out to buy a Dresdan ruler, but ended up with the wrong one.  The one that I bought is a wedge ruler, but I was determined to make it work.

I started cutting the wedges and hoped that somehow they would form a large flower.  I added some more purples to the colors I was using and love the look of it!  Eventually it did come together as a circle, but I had to adjust the angles on some of the pieces.

For the center, I added a large circle that I cut out with one of my dinner plates.  I cut out a piece of circular cardboard a little smaller so that I was able to make a perfect circle.  It's "different," but I love the look of it.  This little quilt can be used as a play mat for the floor, a table topper or a wall hanging.  

Here's a pic of all three quilts, each a different size.  I hope she likes them!

The Dresdan quilt finished at about 36" square.  I would definitely make this again.  Perhaps using yellows or bright colors.  I could see it hanging on a wall in my home.  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment