Sunday, May 16, 2021

Purple Baby Quilt #2

Of course, I didn't just make one quilt for my soon-coming grand daughter!  Here is a photo of Quilt #2.  I wanted a quilt that was a bit smaller for snuggling a little baby in.  You can also see the pretty backing that I used on the first quilt.  It's also part of the Wilmington fabric collection.

This quilt is a simple 4-patch quilt with border strips.  Sometimes I love making simple quilts that are easy to finish!  I love how these colors came together.  I chose a white fabric with a soft gray print on it for the borders.  Then I added the paisley print for the outer border.

For the quilting, I quilted in rows along the edges of the borders.  I love the simplicity of it and think it makes a nice baby quilt.  I do have to admit that I had to make a second trip to the quilt shop to buy more fabrics!  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment