Sunday, May 16, 2021

Purple Baby Quilt #1 and Dolly

For the past few months I have been sewing some things for my daughter, who will be soon having a baby girl.  We went shopping at some local quilt stores and she picked out these pretty purple fabrics for me to make her a quilt.  They are a collection called Wild Blush from Wilmington Prints.

One of my favorite things to match the quilts is this little "Dolly."  I got the pattern from Joann's.  It's a Simplicity pattern, #1900.  The pattern had embroidered eyes, but I didn't like them so I added some felt circles and I think she has a cuter face.  

Here's a photo of Dolly posing on one of the quilts that I made.  I sewed some 3" strips together and cut the rows into rectangles.  

I added the baby's name on the bottom so that she can hang the quilt over the side of the crib to decorate the baby's room.  I found the letters online and sewed them down with a zig-zag stitch.  I did an all-over free motion stitch on the quilt.  

You see the rows close up here.  I love the fabrics, especially the ones with paisley patterns.  The collection had a lot of nice coordinating fabrics in the line.

I love how Dolly matches the quilt.  What do you think so far?  (Hint: there's more to come)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment