Monday, April 10, 2017

Dragonfly Love

If you remember in one of my previous posts, I admitted that I wasn't sure if I liked the new dragonfly stamp set and it's framelits.  Well, I finally gave in and bought it and I've been making some fun things with it!  Check out this card- I just love it!

 I cased this right from the Stampin Up Occasions catalog.  I decorated the designer paper in a different style from the original and I'm pleased with the outcome.  To make this card, use the Cupcakes and Carousel papers and stamp on them with the stamps from the dragonfly set.  The card base is Bermuda Bay and the extra cut-out is from some copper paper that I had lying around.

Here is another version of the card, using a different designer paper from the same pack.  I did some sponging on the dragonfly to give it some color.  Now I love this set.  :)

And there's still more...

This next dragonfly card is a bit more elegant looking.  I used the Falling in Love designer paper with a crumb cake card base.  I sponged the doily with some crumb cake so it wouldn't look so white against the vanilla paper.  This card has just one cut-out in the pink.  It needed a little something else in pink, so I added the small flower and adorned it with pearls.  I got the idea from Debbie Mageed.

Here is the same card but with the alternate side of the designer paper.  It gives it an even softer look. 

Dragonfly set, have you tried it you?  You will love the variety of things that you can do with it.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment