Sunday, April 9, 2017

Dragonfly Watercolor

When I first saw the dragonflies stamp set and framelits in the Occasions catalog, I didn't think that I needed them (Ha ha).  But after seeing so many pretty cards and projects, I decided to get them.

Last week I took out the framelits and made this interesting card.  I started with watercolor paper and colored streaks with the watercolor pencils.  Then I added some water with a paint brush and made the background look like watercolor.  Then I added the dragonfly cut-out.

I have to say that it's not my normal "style," but I just love how it turned out.  It was sort of like eating Lay's potato chips, I couldn't make just one!  Here are some more color options.  I found this idea from pattystamps.com.

This card isn't your style?  Try taking out the watercolor pencils and giving it a try anyway.  It was a lot of fun to make.  What color scheme can you come up with?  What other framelits or shapes would look good on this kind of background?

No comments:

Post a Comment