Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Sheltering Tree




I've always liked images with trees or paths in them.  The other day I took a stamp set that I've had for quite a while and have just never used, The Sheltering Tree.  I made this card using mint macaron color for the leaves.  I just love how it came out.  I ended up making several of these cards, but quickly gave them away before taking a photo of them.  You can't see from the photo, but the green leaves have some Wink of Stella on them to give them a glitterly sheen.

I got the idea from the a card that I've seen on Pinterest by Lisa Pretto.  I changed the colors to reflect more of a spring-time look.  It's like a tree that is still bare from winter but hoping for the green leaves of spring to come quickly!

Next I made this thank you card using the same color, mint macaron.  It's definitely one of my favorite colors.  This card has more of an elegant look to it.  I like the stitched shapes framelits used on this card for the square cut-outs.  The edges of the squares look like they have stitching on them.  They don't really, it's just how they come out of the Big Shot.  It reminds me of sewing.  :)

The image is from the Avant Garden set that was featured in the Sale-a-bration catalog.  I also like the cut out leaves as accent pieces.  I found the idea on the Chase and Main page.

Here are the two cards.  Which one do you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment