Friday, April 21, 2017

I Love the Succulents


I found out this week that these wonderful succulent stamps are retiring and won't be around for another year in the Stampin Up catalog.  How sad!  I think they are so versatile.  I just want to put them everywhere.  :)

I found this card idea on Pinterest (from Painted Orange blog) using the basket framelit from the Basket Builder dies and I just loved it.  Of course, I had to buy the Basket Builder framelits to make this card!  Ha ha. 

Anyway, I just love how it came out.  It looks like the basket of succulents are sitting on a shelf with a lace doily or tablecloth underneath.  So pretty!

The second time that I made the card I used a green designer paper for the background.  It gives more of a monochromatic look, whereas the first card looks a bit more country.

And how about his look?  I used a striped peach and it makes the card look more playful.  I just love them all.  I'd even like to try making this card using some different color schemes.

Here are all three of them side by side.  Which one do you like the best?  The ladies who came to my stamping class this week loved making this card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment