Sunday, April 1, 2018

Decorative Journals

 If you follow by blog, you might be wondering where have I been.  I had to have hand surgery back in November to replace one of my thumb joints with tendons from my arm (I know, yuk!).  It wasn't an easy surgery and I was out of commission for months.  It is slowly healing and I'm starting to get back into making my crafts.  I hope that it continues to heal and that I'll be able to use my hands again soon. :) 


A few weeks ago, I was invited to teach a craft day for ladies at a church that one of my friend's attends.  We decided to make these cute decorative Journals. We cut up some designer papers and each of the ladies got to design their own journal.  The papers are just glued on using a glue stick.  I had some Scripture stamps to use for the sayings and some punches and cut-outs from the Big Shot to add a personal touch.


We decorated the inside covers, too and added a pocket in the front.  It was a lot of fun choosing the papers and making the Journals.


Here is a pic of the ladies with their finished projects.  They get together once a month to make different crafts. What a fun way to spend a Saturday morning!


Here is me in the cast that I did not like at all!  Although I have to say that going for months without making crafts was even worse.  I'm totally ready to move on.  :)












No comments:

Post a Comment