Sunday, April 1, 2018

Great Gifts: Acetate Candy Boxes

You may know that I had to have hand surgery this past winter.  I had to wear a cast and wasn't able to use my hand for a couple of months.  One of my friends came over to help me make some sort of a crafty gift to give to people that helped me by bringing over a meal.  We came up with this Acetate Candy Box to give to them. 

They are made using the acetate boxes from Stampin Up's holiday catalog.  It perfectly fits 6 Ghirardelli candies in it.  We wrapped them in designer paper cut 1 3/4" x 5" long and attached the paper with 2 glue dots to secure it. 

The belly band is 1 1/4" x 12" long and we wrapped that around the outside of the box.

After that, we just decorated them using different sayings, circle images, doilies, snowflakes, etc and attached that to the belly band to create a focal point. 

Then we cut strips of designer paper 1" x 4" and trimmed the ends to look like banners.  I added some sequined ribbon to dress them up even more.

Although the majority of mine are made with Christmas paper, you can make them for any occasion, just change out the designer paper.  They make a great little gift to show your appreciation to someone special. 

Which one do you like the best?  Have you tried making these yet? 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting these candy boxes. They are such fun to make. I might even make them for other occasions. They would be a cute appreciation just because to some one.

    ReplyDelete