Sunday, April 15, 2018

Painting with Rose Red

I've had the stamp set Rose Wonder for a couple of years and haven't really used it much.  I found some really nice samples from Jackie Bolhuis and decided to give Rose Wonder a try!

For this card, I stamped the images using black ink onto watercolor paper and colored them in using paint brushes.  I was going for a watercolor look, but in reality mine are colored in the lines too well.  I need to learn how to just swish on the color!  LOL

Here is another technique using the same colors, Rose Red and Wild Wasabi green.  I embossed the image onto glossy paper with white embossing powders and then painted them with the paint brush.  The leaf cut out is from Flourish thinlits. 


Here are a couple more samples.  I was trying to paint a bit darker so that the white embossing lines would show up more.  It's hard to see in the photos, but the glossy paper and the white embossing lines are so shiny and really add to the card.

I realize that Rose Red is about to become a discontinued color.  I guess I will just have to replace my favorite color with another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment