Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Sewing Sampler Using Quilt Builder

When I first saw the Quilt Builder stamp set and framelits in the Stampin Up holiday catalog, I knew that I would want it.  It has great versatility and I'm surprised that it did not carry over to the new catalog.  You can use it to make quilty things all year round.

One day, long after the holiday catalog had expired, I took out the set.  I picked out a few colors and began to cut out the quilt shapes using my Big Shot.  I used the designer paper left over from the succulent suite from last summer. 

I added some images from an older sewing set and some cut-out buttons along with some real buttons and embroidery floss. 

For the focal point in the center I used one of my favorite stamps, "Do something creative every day."  Doesn't that sound like me?  I wish that I had this saying on everything! 

I matched up the colors with the colors in the designer paper, using Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum, Tip Top Taupe and Lost Lagoon.  For the contrast color, I used Pacific Point, a dark indigo blue that coordinated well with the colors.

I didn't want to have glass over the top because of the layers, so I stopped over to the craft store and purchased a wooden framed saying without glass.  I glued the paper onto it.  It's hard to see in the photo because the images are so small, but I love how it turned out!  I'm not sure if I want to hang it in my sewing room or my stamping room (yes, I have both!); it would work well in either one.  I love blending my two hobbies!

Have you ever made a quilty craft using rubber stamps?  Or have you ever stamped on a quilt before?  I'd love to hear your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment