Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Jungle Fever Baby Quilt

Last month we were supposed to have a baby shower for a woman that work with. She's having a little boy and said that her theme was elephants.  I looked around in my craft room and found this cute elephant panel and decided to make a baby quilt for her.

I added some colorful pinwheels along the edge of the panel and then made a strip of squares for the top and bottom of the quilt.  I picked the colors from my stash and thought they matched so well with the panel.

Then I added a dark blue strip to frame in the panel.  And surprisingly I had some elephant fabric that matched the panel that I used for the borders. 

I used the same blue for the binding and just love how it all turned out.  It was my first time working with a panel and I was unsure how it would turn out, but now I feel like I can use panels in my quilts without fear! 

I pieced the back using the elephant fabric.  So cute, right?

Of course, I had to make a card to match.  :)

I took it over to her house last week to give the quilt to her and she just loved it.  I can't wait to see pics of her new baby on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment