Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Mini Charm Star Wall Hanging


I've been wanting to make this wall hanging for about 2 years now.  I first saw this pattern in Pat Sloan's "Learn to Machine Quilt" book and really it.  I started this in January at my quilt retreat and today I am so happy that it is finally finished! 

For this project I used a lot of fabrics from the "Nest" collection.  I love these colors and they seem to go so well with my decor.  If you look closely, you can see a couple of the birds that I put in there to give it some visual interest.  :)

It seems like I did more ripping out seams than sewing in this project, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I didn't read the pattern very closely and had some issues with fitting the outer edges of the star to the inner squares.  But with the help of one of my quilty friends, I finally got it to work!



Here it is hanging on the wall in my family room.  I love how the colors coordinate with the room.  Thank you, Pat, for such a great pattern! 

Here is a pic me working on the quilt this week with my "helper" Ginger.  Today she sat on it while I hand sewed the binding onto it.  She gives her approval.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment