Thursday, April 16, 2020

Vintage Holiday Quilt #4

I've been working on some of the UFO's (unfinished objects) in my sewing room during this time of quarantine from the Corona virus.  There's quite a few in there, but at least one more is done! 

A couple of weeks ago I finished this Charm Square quilt that I had started about a year and a half ago.  The fabric came in a monthly sampler box called Sew Sampler from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I cut the charm squares in half and sewed them into rows and then put borders in between the rows. 

It is certainly not a hard quilt to make, and I wanted something to go in my vintage trailer.  I love these colors and this fabric called Vintage Holiday from Bonnie and Camille. 

For the quilting, I quilted stars and swirls onto the quilt.  I did it on my domestic machine and it did take a while to get all of those stars on it. 
I'm really happy with how it came out and I'm looking forward to summer to do some camping.  Hopefully campgrounds will re-open by then!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment