Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Rainbow Cards


Here in our area we have what is called the "518 Rainbow Hunt."  People are putting rainbows in their windows or making displays with rainbows for those who are in quarantine to see when they go out on walks. 

So I thought it was a good time to make some Rainbow Cards.  For this card I used an old flower punch to cut out flowers in a rainbow of colors.  You could use any flower punch, heart or butterfly punch for this card, etc.  Then I added a few green leaf cut outs so the flowers weren't just floating along the edge of the card.

And I love the saying taken from the Picture Perfect Birthday set that will make anyone happy if they receive this card.  Add a textured background, some pearls and a bow of silver ribbon and this makes a very happy card. 

I got the idea for this next card from Linda Parker on Pinterest.  I stamped butterflies from the Butterfly Gala set in Versamark onto a piece of shiny cardstock.  Then I embossed them using white emboss powder.  I sponged a rainbow of colors onto the card which made the butterflies stand out.  The technique is an old one, called emboss resist. 

Then I added a couple of punched out butterflies and a saying from the wonderful So Sentimental set.  Very different from the first card, but still an awesome rainbow to create.

Have you seen any rainbows around in windows or on doors?

No comments:

Post a Comment