Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Under My Umbrella


This past week was very rainy here in upstate NY.  What better thing to do on a rainy day than to make Rainy Day cards?  I took out a new stamp set called Under My Umbrella and made some cute cards with it.  I love this set because it comes with a punch.  And you all know that I love my punches.  They're so quick and easy.  :)  I got these ideas from Mena Green.

The punch only punches out the umbrella and the handle.  So you do have to cut out the boots and the flowers, but they don't take long.  For this card, I colored in the boots and the umbrella, but you really don't have to because you can punch out cute patterns from any designer paper.   I got the idea for this card from Jaimie Barbarczy.

This folded umbrella works with the punch also.  The paper that I used for this is from last year's Tranquil Textures.  I watercolored the background and them stamped the raindrops onto it after it dried.  I got this idea from the Stampin Up catalog.


Then I saw on Pinterest that Sandy McCullough had added the little Meerkat to the boots!  This makes the card even cuter.  I had so much fun today working on these.

I used the Best Dressed designer papers for most of the cards.  I had a lot of gingham left over from last year, so I added that, too.  And the sayings are all great.  You can use these cards for any day.

What do you think of this set?  I think I'm going back into the craft room to make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment