Monday, February 5, 2024

Fabric Baskets

When I am out at quilt shops I like to buy the mini charm square packs of 2 1/2" pieces.  They are from a specific fabric line so you know that they all coordinate together.  When I get home I sew together the blocks and set them aside for a future project.

Then when it's time to make something, they're all ready to go!  For this project I made my patchwork squares in to a fabric basket.  I used pretty fabrics from my Corey Yoder collection to finish the basket.  I usually put felt on the inside of the front layers and interfacing on the lining pieces.  This helps the basket to stand on its own but doesn't make it too stiff.

Here is another one that I put together.  I added the rose fabric and gray for the lining.  I'm not sure what fabric line it is made from, but I like the look of it.  For this basket, I quilted the top layers with a free motion stitch.  

I like it better than the first one that I made because the quilting gives it a more homemade look.  

Which one is your favorite?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment