Saturday, February 24, 2024

Loving the Birds!

This week I had a chance to use some of the Sale-a-Bration papers called Flight and Airy.  I cut out several of the water colored birds and then had fun putting them onto cards.  

Misty Moonlight is the background cardstock.  From there I added some soft gray designer paper from the Winter Meadow papers.  I then found a piece of old hydrangea paper with some blue and purples on it that matched the colors in the bird perfectly.  :)

I added some Fresh Fresia sprigs and a focal circle.  The saying is from a new online set called Garden Meadow.  

For my next watercolor bird card, I copied the idea of the birds sitting on a wire from Julie Gilson.  I loved choosing which birds would look suitable on each card.  I just love the simplicity and whimsical look of this card.  :)

Here is the same basic card only with some Calypso Coral matting and birds that have a bit of coral color in them.  The flower is from Just My Type stamp set.  

I ended up making a lot of these little birdie cards using different colors.  Once I made the first, I just couldn't stop.  



For my third card, I used the Pecan Pie colored paper that comes in the Flight and Airy designer series pack.  It brings a different look from the first two cards, more of a soft, subtle look.  

I fussy cut the bird from the papers and added him to a smaller circle focal point.  I like the sayings that are in the Notes of Nature stamp set.  

I got the idea for this card from Donna Ross.  

The ladies all loved making these bird cards.  And so did I.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment