Saturday, February 17, 2024

Making Journals

For the new year, I decided to put together some Journal kits and have the ladies in my Bible study over to make them.  They can be used to write down prayers, Bible verses, thankful times, etc.  Here is one that I made as a sample to show the ladies what to do.  I love how it turned out and will keep this one for myself!

I created a variety of kids and I included the cut papers, some stamped items, a Bible verse and some embellishments for them to assemble their journals.  It took several days to make all of the kits.  I put all of the pieces together in a plastic bag so that they wouldn't get lost or mixed up.  

Here is a pic showing the different journal kits that the ladies could choose from.  I made a total of 20 of them!  I used a lot of retired Stampin Up designer papers and some various die cuts.  I got the composition notebooks at Walmart. 

Then I invited the ladies over to my house for a Tea Party get-together night and we made our journals after the food portion of the evening.  

Because not all of the ladies could come on the same night, I offered two different dates for them.  Here are some of the ladies enjoying dessert.  (I forgot to take a photo of them with their journals.)  

We had a lot of fun eating, chatting and working on our journals.  The ladies were excited to make the craft and were surprised at how easy it was to put them together.  

I supplied glue sticks and glue dots along with some scissors to cut out the stamped images.  There was so much creativity going on!  :)













What a fun night that we had!  Now what can I plan for our next ladies' get-together?  







 

No comments:

Post a Comment