Monday, February 5, 2024

Night Divine Cards

 

For one of my Christmas card classes, we used the stamp set, Night Divine and it's coordinating cut outs and designer papers, O Holy Night.  For this card, I used a strip of the designer papers and added a focal point circle cut from the papers framed with a gold scalloped edge. 

I die cut the nativity images in white and gold embossed the saying (from an older set).  I added a gold star and some of the pretty blue ribbon that came in the suite.  The card idea is from Mary Brautigam.

Here is what the inside of the card looks like.  

For my next card, I used completely different colors.  Copper Clay is the background and I added some  designer paper and some gold and copper embellishments.  The card opens at the top and the saying is embossed with copper powders right onto the paper.  The star cut-outs are from Night of Bethlehem cut outs.  Lastly I added a piece of burlap ribbon to look like the camel is standing on the dessert sand.

I like the look of this card.  I found the idea for it from Julie Golding Page on Pinterest.

I like to put a strip of designer paper along the edge of the inside of the card.  It helps the inside to coordinate with the front of the card and gives the card a cohesive look.




For my final card using this stamp set, I made a side fold card with just the saying on the front.  I used gold embossing powder to make it stand out.


The surprise comes when you open up the card - the nativity scene is on the inside of this card!  I cut out the stable using some wood-grain papers and used a scene from the O Holy Night designer papers for the background.  Great idea, right?  I got the idea for putting the scene on the inside from Karen Titus.  


I'm so glad that I got this set with the cut outs.  It makes nice religious Christmas cards and projects.  I'll definitely be using it again in the future.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment