Monday, February 5, 2024

Winter Meadow Cards

For my first stamping class this year, I wanted to make some wintery-looking cards.  I chose the collection of products, Winter Meadow.  I used Smokey Slate gray for the cardstock and added some shimmery papers from the Snowflake Magic specialty papers.  They have such a beautiful shine to them.

The stamp set Magical Meadow is the focal point to the card. I stamped the berry image a few times in Pacific Point and then cut them out and added them to the branch image.  The cut outs for this set are amazing, definitely a staple in paper crafting.  I cut them out of shiny silver paper and the whole card has a snowy, glittery winter look to it, just what I was hoping for.   

The idea for this card is from Sharon Hensen.  


Card #2 has Misty Moonlight for the base.  I mounted a piece of the designer papers to a white cardstock for the front of the card.  The circle is white heat embossed and I added some white and silver sprigs.  

In this photo you can see that it is somewhat of a fancy fold.  I got the idea for the fold from Susie Wood.

My third card is made from thick white cardstock and has a couple of layers added to it using dimensionals to give it a lift.  I scribbled onto the white cardstock for the background using Stamping blends markers and then added the sprigs.  Before I put on the saying, I made a loose bow from silver twine and adhered that on the card with a couple of glue dots.  

The saying, Winter Wishes, goes along well with the theme.

Do they give off a wintery feel?  I could make them all snowy day long.  :)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment