Monday, February 5, 2024

Sewing Machine Collage

This past January I went on my annual sewing retreat in Greenwich, NY with some ladies from my quilt guild.  I brought one of my Laura Heine collage patterns with me to finish up.  It's been sitting half done in my sewing room for a year.

For this type of collage, you iron Steam-a-Steam to the back of your fabrics and then cut out the pieces and adhere them to a special layer of interfacing.  It's hard to tell by from the photo, but just about every flower and embellishment on my quilt has been cut our of another fabric and ironed onto my wall hanging.

After I ironed down all of the pieces, I quilted it in straight lines about half of an inch apart to finish it.  I put on the border and hand-sewed it down all at the retreat so that it would be completed before I got home.

I've admired this pattern for a long time and finally got to finish one of Laura Heine's patterns.  

I hung it up in my dining/crafting room for all of my crafting friends to see.  I'm so glad to get it finished.  :)

At my 4-day retreat I got a chance to work on a lot of unfinished projects (we call them UFO's).  The setting there is so amazing.  The retreat is located near the Vermont border, east of where I live.  Even in the winter it is still beautiful.

Walking along this road reminds me a bit of entering Narnia, don't you think?  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment